Re: libstdc++-6 source code

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 08:17:12PM +0100, Matthias wrote:
Steve Block wrote:
On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 02:22:30PM +0100, Matthias wrote:

Hi,

is there a debian package with the GNU C++ implementation source code?

Have you tried retrieving the source with apt-get source libstdc++6?

Sweet, that did the job.
I searched for libstdc++6-src with aptitude, but that didn't yield anything. I supposed I'm missing something :)

Thanks Steve.

As far as I know Debian doesn't maintain separate source packages for the programs available through apt. Instead you retrieve the source with the apt-get source (or aptitude, or wajig, the commands may vary). This will generally download the unmodified upstream source file, a signature file, and any patches that would be applied to the binary package.

I think this system saves a level of complexity by allowing you to retrieve source for programs without having to make the package lists larger with -src versions of every program available through apt.

Another useful resource for sources can be found at http://packages.qa.debian.org/common/index.html

--
Steve Block
http://ev-15.com/