Debian Rescue Floppy

Forwarded Message
Date:	Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:28:05 +0800
From:	"Aldous Penaranda" <adpenaranda@gmail.com>
To:	debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject:	Re: Debian Rescue Floppy - Success (kind of).

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 08:57:20PM -0800, Mr. Jan
Hearthstone wrote:
>   I got a real "rescue floppy" that recognized my
> "hda1".
>
>   I booted with "linux root=/dev/hda1 2" , but
almost
> immediately there started a message (re-occuring all
> the time) that dependencies file
> /lib/modules/2.2.20/modules.dep cannot be found.
>
>   I cannot "startx", get online.
>   Anyone knows what could be happening? What I
should
> do?
XXXXXXXXX QUOTE XXXXXXXXXX
Just a guess...

Your rescue disk uses kernel version 2.2.20 and your
machine uses a
different version. Perhaps you should create a rescue
floppy with the
needed modules.
XXXXXXXXX END QUOTE XXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks! How simple! That must be it!

However--what now?

The message at the start-up says:
"LILO 22.61 Loading LinuxEBDA is big: kernel setup
stack overlaps LILO second stage"

I tried to reconfigure lilo ("dpkg-reconfigure lilo"),
but that did not do it.

=====
If we,the people, were sincere about wanting Peace, then we would spend more on active creation of Peace than what we spend on the military.Legalize the Right to Sleep! http://www.modelearth.org/sleepright.htmlhttp://www.MODELEARTH.org