Mailman and Postfix via Backports packages -- no moderator notification

I'm using Mailman 2.14-4 and Postfix 2.1.5-0 installed from
backports.org on a Woody-based server (iconsf.org).

It's working well, except that we recently had to emergency moderate
one of the lists, and notification isn't happening -- neither the
would-be poster nor the list's moderators and administrators are
being notified by e-mail that a message is being held.

I'm not sure how to handle this: do I use the Debian bug-tracking
system, or contact the authors personally?  I'm assuming that
Backports packages aren't officially supported, so I'll only put it
into the BTS if people here think it's appropriate.

Any idea how I can debug this?  I have already restarted Mailman and
Postfix, and there's nothing interesting in either set of logs.
There doesn't appear to be a way to make Mailman increase its
debugging level.

I used the genaliases script to create a text file which I appended
to /etc/aliases, then ran newaliases.  Didn't help.  I looked through
README.POSTFIX and followed the instructions to add the line

        owner_request_special = no

to /etc/postfix/main.cf, but this also did nothing visible.

Thanks for reading.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading