Re: Colour Printing

Basically, you calibrate the screen to the printer. If you print out a
black to white gradient or a greyscale step scale {greys in graduated
steps from white to black.} you can match the screen to the printed
output and vice versa. Do this a few times and you'll start to get
pretty close. I'm sure there are other calibration tools out there
{Debian's changed a bit in the past year or so since I've used it. I'm
sure there are people better qualified to tell you what's available than
I am.} that will give you a more comprehensive way of doing things but,
in short, you want to match the printer to the screen.

--
http://www.RTaylor-Design.Com