Re: menus disappear in konqueror

>From Justin Guerin on Tuesday, 2005-01-25 at 09:57:45 -0700:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 05:07, Conrad Newton wrote:
> > I am running Debian unstable.
> >
> > ii  konqueror    3.3.2-1  KDE's advanced File Manager, Web Browser and
> > Document
> >
> > As this morning's upgrade, the menus in Konqueror disappear as soon
> > as I click a link or type in a URL.
> >
> > Strangely enough, some konqueror windows that were open before a reboot,
> > and were therefore reopened, do *not* have this problem.  It is only
> > new Konqueror windows that lose the menu text.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this?  Shall I file a bug?  I could not see
> > it mentioned on
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=konqueror&arc
> >hive=no
> >
> > Conrad
>
> I recently upgraded to 3.3.2, and I've got no problems here.
>
> Have you logged out and logged back in since the upgrade?  Strange things
> can happen if you don't.  Note that it may not be enough to close
> Konqueror, because KDE can keep a copy preloaded.

I did log out after the upgrade, and I logged back in.
Hence I was surprised to see this problem.
Even more surprised when the problems eventually disappeared . . .
I can no longer reproduce the problem!

> You mention a reboot, but I don't understand how certain windows were
> reopened.  You mean when you log in, Konqueror opens some windows as it
> restores your desktop settings?

Konqueror stores the URLs of open Windows during shutdown and reopens those
windows after reboot.

> Any chance you could post a link to a screen shot?

I would, but as I said, the problem disappeared.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Conrad