USB mp3-player won't recharge

My girlfriend have a USB-mp3 player that is meant to recharge when
connected to the machines USB port, but this doesn't happen. It's now
completely dried out of charge on the barrery, and when I connect it to
the machine it won't show the message 'connected' wich it is meant to do.

I can't mount this USB device anymore either...

This has worked before, when there were battery on the mp3-player.

Please help me!!!!!! This was here birthdaygift from her father....

Best regards from Vegard