Re: Kppp inactive

handyman wrote:

"Kent West" <westk@acu.edu> wrote

handyman wrote:
 The problem is: when I click on KPPP in the KDE menu, nothing happens.
I have tried a number of work-arounds but I still can't dial up.

Are you in the "dialout" and "dip" groups? Type "groups" at a command
prompt to see the groups to which you belong.

  I get;   handyman, dialout, cdrom, floppy, audio, video, plugdev. ( no
`dip` )

I _think_ KPPP expects you to be a member of dip; "adduser handyman dip" should do it, but you'll have to log out / log in for the change to take affect.

If I were you, I'd see if you could connect via pon, to get things down to a more basic level. If that works, then you can worry about getting KPPP to work.

--
Kent West
Technology Support