Re: Cd burning with kernel 2.6.10

On Monday 17 January 2005 22:46, Garrett McLean wrote:
> Hi everyone. I have a 'CyberDrv' 'CW058D CD-R/RW  ' '110D' Removable
> CD-ROM. I have had mixed success using the ide-cd driver alone to burn

There seems to be an issue with Cyberdrive units.  In my case I spent three
weeks deep inside the kernel debugging what was happening, and discovered it
was raising spurious interrupts after the end of a successful transfer.
Normally this was when the driver was into the next command, and as such
started throwing up errors of the sort that you have.

In the end I threw the drive away and switched to another make (Sony in my
case).

If you want to follow what happened and see if it applies to you - look at bug
no 265747

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk