To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 11:35 PM
Subject: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: install errors

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:59:10PM -0500, Shawn Huston wrote:
I realize this isn't quite on topic.  I am having hardware problems.
Everytime I try to install an OS.. I get file copy errors, and it
eventually won't install. I have changed hard drives, ide cables, cdroms,
and burnt new copies of the disc with the OS.  Does anyone have any
suggestions that could help?  I am really getting frustrated with this.
Thanks in advance.

You probably have bad memory.  Try a program called "memtest" on a boot
floppy.

On my machine I had to disable the onboard SATA or I'd get memtest
errors under stress.  Crapy bios.  (Asus P4C800-E mobo)