Re: CD burner not working with kernel 2.6

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 09:07:24PM -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > $ cdrecord obsd36.iso
>
> I would expect that to fail!  You never specified a device to write
> to!  Did you read the manual page???  The man page for cdrecord is a
> must read/understand.

Actually if you configure cdrecord right, "cdrecord foo.iso" does work.
It saves typing if you specify the device in /etc/cdrecord/cdrecord.

Is it really necessary to tell people to RTFM?  I imagine this might be
embarrasing when in fact you are not correct.