Re: Configuring exim4 (for use with mutt)

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:44:39PM +0000, Felixk Karpfen wrote:
> Unfortunately this does not work on my setup because my login name on my
> computer and my login name on my ISP's computer are different.
>
> When "mutt" is used in conjunction with "sendmail" this can be fixed
> with the "set envelope_from" command.  This does not work with exim4 -
> as shown by the following testrun:

You may try the following in .muttrc:

set from=your email address
set realname="your name"
set use_from=yes

It doesn't do anything with envelopes, but might solve your
problem. At least it gives you a correct From line. In the case of my
ISP (xs4all.nl, who sponsor nl.debian.org) all works fine with those
settings. You may want to check what the headers of this mail look
like.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill