Re: cannot open root device "801"

lspci reports I'm using the Sym53C859 (which agrees with the POST
messages my SCSI controller gives me...).

However, I still can not seem to boot anything other than the
2.2.20-compact-ide Debian 3.0 kernel.  I am going to attempt to pull my
lilo.conf and .config file to post.

--
Eric N. Valor
ericv@cruzio.com