Re: network connection fails after setup

> On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:34:53 -0800 (PST), Roger
> Creasy
> <roger_creasy@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Howdy!
> >
> > I set up sarge with kernel 2.4.
> > This setup was done via a startup cd and http.
> During
> > setup files were downloaded with no problem. After
> the
> > setup was complete, I have no internet or network
> > connection. Any suggestions for a fix?
>
> Is your network cable plugged in? The simplest
> solution is often the
> best.

Yes it is plugged in and yes you correct regarding
simple solutions.

>Anyway we'll need some more info, give us the
> output of lsmod
> (to see if your network driver is loaded), ifconfig
> -a, the contents
> of /etc/network/interfaces and whatever you get if
> you run "dmesg |
> grep eth".
>
> Usually it's best to supply as much information as
> you can think of
> since we're going to be asking for it anyway.

To send this requested info, since I don't have a
network connection, I will have to write it down then
type it into another computer then e-mail it. This
will leave lots of room for me to make a mistake and
give improper info. Can you simplify this process by
telling me what I should look for? If not, I will
gather the info and re-post...