[WOT] Big, Open Roads (was Re: Linux Functionality?)

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 16:36 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * dorn hetzel <debian-user@illyria.atlanta.org> [2004 Dec 28 16:24 -0600]:

> > > The phrase I-80 strikes terror into the hearts of those who've gone East
> > > of Cheyenne, Wyoming on it.
> > >
> > > I thought "I-80" translated to, "oh look... more Nebraska."
> > >
> > > Driving across Nebraska really must be done to be properly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Nothing like the exact same view for 8 or more hours of driving.   ;-)
> > >

> > Oh, and if you're going to take 80, please remember that in western
> > Nebraska the speed limit signs represent a *lower* bound :)
>
> I've never been on '80 west of Grand Island through Wyoming.  Next
> summer I'll probably head to Salt Lake for a week of A+ certification
> lab work (that's going to be painful since it's undoubtedly XP centric)
> by way of '80.  It looks like the most direct route from northeast
> Kansas.  I look forward to seeing a lot of irrigated corn. :-/
>
> Ahh well, I've survived plenty of trips from Wichita to Oklahoma City
> via '35.  Then there's the trip from Wichita to Kansas City via '35
> which must be complete torture to those who don't raise cattle!  :-D
>
> My return trip I think I'll head for Grand Junction and Denver then
> back here on US 36.

This reminds me of my Indian co-worker who loves to take vacations
out West, renting a big car and driving everywhere.

Don't know what his current feelings are, but for years, he was
in love with "open road" Interstates, since they are so different
from what's in India.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"But a much bigger business is selling anti-spam software. This
is a billion dollar market, and it is rapidly growing. Any simple
and effective solution against spam would defeat revenues and
drive several companies into bankrupt, would make consultants
jobless. ... Have a single, simple, and permanent solution to the
problem and - boom - this billion dollar market is dead. That's
one of the reasons why people are expected to live with spam.
They have to live with it to make them buy anti-spam software.
Content filters are perfect products to keep this market alive."
Hadmut Danisch