Re: Please--sound

Thanks to all who responded to my query for help with ALSA and an
opl3sa2 card. After reading the replies, I edited /etc/modules.conf
(despite the warnings in the file) to comment out some mistaken
parameters put there when update-modules read an incorrect alsa file
in /etc/modutils.

One more question. Neither gnome-cd nor Kscd will play an audio CD
unless the programs are launched from root. I assume this is a
permissions issue. How do I correct it?

Thanks again,
Ted