Re: mounting cd-rw

I havd tried that. It doesn't help.
Let's start from the beginning. If I have a blank cd-rw that I want to use in Linux. Do I have to do any steps before even attempting to mount it?
I had assumed that all I need is to mount it and then do the file copying. Have I missed a step or two, like formatting, for instance?

Jack

jano kupec <jkupec@zoznam.sk> wrote:
the cdrom/cdrw filesystem is iso9660, i think, so mount it with -t iso9660
i hope this helps

jano

jack kinnon wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I have problem trying to mount my Benq 52x32x52 cd-rw
>with command and error as attached.
>
>Where is my mistake?
>
>Thks
>
>Jack
>

>debian:/cdrom# mount /dev/hdc -t ext2 /cdrom
>mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
> or too many mounted file systems

Do you Yahoo!?