Re: Marvell 88E8053 (Asus P5GD1) not detected by sarge installer...

Googling for help didn't help much. It seem it is suposed to work with the module "sk98lin". This module fails to load... no device found, it says...

Asus has, altough, Linux "drivers" for this thing. They compile a driver using existing kernel sources. So I think I could use another machine to get a module from their sources... But how can I get that module into the installer?

Maybe I should put another (temporary) NIC in the machine to do the installation, then get the module for the Marvell compiled and remove the temporary NIC? Would it be easier?

Joao Clemente wrote:
I just assembled a new machine with a Asus P5GD1 Pro motherboard. This has a built-in 10/100/1000 NIC Marvell 88E8053.

I booted the machine using a usb pen with sarge-business-card-installer iso on it. It booted ok, loaded the drivers from the pen, but the installer was unable to find the network card. It showed a big list of network cards with no Marvell card on it.

Anyone has a clue on how to get this baby working?
Thanks
Joao Clemente