Re: knoppix HD-install problem

Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kamaraju@gmail.com> wrote on 14.12.2004 17:19:35:

> On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:30:38 +0100, belahcene <belahcene@iap-cu.dz> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've just download   the last knoppix (3.7), I tried to use the same way
> > as with 3.6
> > to install it on HD. But it failed at reboot with following errors:
> >

> Short answer :- Ask in the knoppix mailing lists.
>
> Long answer :- Read the FAQ posted on
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html
> In particular, third and fourth questions are what I am referring to.

But imho that is not true. the only differences between knoppix and debian are:
1. knoppix has the better hardware recognition.
2. knoppix has just many more packages installed than debian
But after all, they are the same. I can make a system, total the same as it was a knoppix - system.

By the way, why didn´t you think about a solution or a hint isntead of flaming him for using another distro.
I thought, that the debian users are more tolerant than some others, but as we know now, that´s just not the truth for all of us!

I use debian, knoppix, gentoo, solaris and since sunday ubuntu. I like debian the most, but I like the others too...

I know, I am not more tolerant, than some others, but I am fed up with those boring "this is not the correct forum, list, ..." and RTFM. I just try to help if I can and I am so glad, if someone can help me too, if I have problems...

scnr

Bye,
Andy