Re: Sending all processes the TERM signal

On Friday 10 December 2004 01:31, HXD wrote:
> Hi,
>     I tried your suggestions to no avail, the /usr filesystem wasn't even
> mounted. I am running with a RAID-5 hardware array if this matters at all.
> Any other suggestions?
> FYI - reboot, shutdown, and init commands all hang with the msg:
>
> "Sending all processes the TERM signal".
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hung

RAID would certainly be different.

Anyway, I got past the TERM signal part. I got the hangup at the umount point
which comes afterwards on my setup. This would seem to make sense--stop all
processes, then sync up and umount the file systems. If it were possible ??
to umount before while all remaining processes were still running, then this
could cause problems I believe.