Re: jiffie

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 15:43 +0100, Paul Akkermans wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Can anybody tell me what a jiffie is? I've been seeing this term all
> through the kernel code.

A small unit of time.  Maybe it's not a French expression.
Also, Google is your friend.  Searching for "linux jiffie" returns
this link:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/9912.1/0037.html

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition or
give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and break
things".
Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.