Re: [SOLVED] dist-upgrade > broken modem

Eric wrote:

> I'm at a bit of a loss here and looking for recommendations.

<snip>

Well, not so much solved as worked around.

I upgraded the kernel from 2.6.8 to 2.6.9 --> didn't work

I installed udev thinking it might solve the issue --> didn't work, but as
an unexpected bonus I figured out how to get the nvidia binary driver to
work with udev. Oh, did I mention "module-assistant" simply rules? When did
that get put in there?

I backed myself out to a known good state (2.6.7 and no udev) --> bingo!

Under 2.6.7, 2.6.8, and 2.6.9 the "cdc_acm" module is loaded without any
errors. Unfortunately the modem only works under 2.6.7.