Re: creating images

James LeClair wrote:
Can someone recomend an app, and maybe linkage to docs, for creating an image of system partition? As well, what about restoring the image in case of disaster/emergency?

I just spent the whole weekend rebuilding 2 routers and 1 server:-( Good learning experience, but at my age, I'd prefer to spend it with wifey and baby:-)

Thanks

There's partimage in unstable too.

I guess it depends on your needs.

Systemimager, mondo, partimage.

I like mondo because you can dump the system you are on to a bootable CD(s) and it takes care of adjusting fstab and lilo when you restore.

Partimage is faster but does not adjust anything, all you get is the image.

You may want systemimager.

H.