Re: cdrom upgrade

Paul Johnson wrote:
On Sunday 28 November 2004 11:51 pm, rogerwphx wrote:

I installed debian and it boots up in bash ok, but the cdrom images are .iso images. How do you upgrade the installation from bash with iso's.

What's wrong with using apt-get over the network?

Good point. Nothing. However...

By predeliction I like to know exactly what are the dependencies of my Sarge system. Meaning first of all "what packages", but then "what files, tarballs, etc.".

So I install Sarge from scratch from a script.

If I use apt-get over the network, it is a long drawn out process, since the network is a dial-up line, no DSL/Cable in sight, and you never know what has been updated

If I use the CD's it is a 20 min process that I can fine-tune.

Now the CD's is another story: there are 14 now (everybody don't holler "but you don't need them all".)

So I just ordered Sarge from http://linuxcdrs.com/ and I find the price very reasonable, but we will see what the mailman bringeth, stay tune ;-)

H.