TV Tuner / Sound Card issues

Greetings,

I have a few questions I thought i'd throw around.  I recently got a
ATI TV Wonder Pro card.  After some hacking I finally got it to work
correctly.  Sound/Video with cx8800 CVS drivers.  Now, trying to get
the sound from the card to my sound card I have an external cable that
goes from Line Out on tv tuner card to line in on soundcard.  This is
where the issue is.  I have a HP Pavillion a600n PC.  It has Line
In/Line Out/Microphone jacks on the front and on the back.  I can't
seem to get the Line In to work on the back however the Line In works
on the front. I have tested this with a cd player.  The tv tuner card
is shooting out sound because I have tested it by plugging headphones
into the tuner card.  How can I get the line in to work on the back of
this PC? (Yes, it works because it works-in-windows).  How is this
setup? Do I have 2 sound cards? The Line out on the back of the PC is
what I am using for my speakers so the card is enabled..

How do I get the line out jack to work on the back of this pc?

Thanks!

cd.