Re: RCS (Revision Control System)

Allan Wind <allan_wind@lifeintegrity.com>:

> [...]
> cvs is the most gorilla of the 3 and it shows especially when it comes
> to audit and monitoring (syntax for branching and mergeing seemed
> unnatural to me).
>
> [...]
>
> I cannot for the life of me get used to the odly named file names or
> namespace in arch.  Looked at darcs, but passed on it... don't recall
> why sorry.  codeville seems neat. aegis too "formal" and restrictive.
> And quilt's patch management philosophy was not working for me.
>
> Still looking for the 'right' tool...

Sorry, I can't help you. Looking on your toughts about all those
RCSs I can say you have a big problem to find the one ;-)

Honestly, you are looking for user friendly (GUI) interface to
some RCS and no matter what kind of RCS is behind this UI.
If you see CVS syntax to difficult or file names or repository structure
not matching your needs - or better - your imagination of it,
I bet you need user friendly interface which hides all those
difficulties.

If you want to work with RCS as i.e. programmer and store
your codes in repositories I don't think you need to know and
even agree with RCS internalls.
Just use it. I.e. create CVS repos and use WinCVS client and
you will see that working with CVS can be very simple.

...or may be write your own RCS which could fulfill your
requirements.

Best regards

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz@loskot.net