Re: Tedium of Network Settings

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 01:25:22AM +0200, ocl wrote:
> I have a box here I am using for various tests.
>
> It's got 3 NICs.
>
> I have to alter various settings for all or each
> one of them --domainname, hostname, ip, subnet etc..
>
> I find it rather tedious and error-prone to go through
> several text files.
>
> Is there a way of doing this in a more integrated way;
> using some sort of GUI --gtk, gnome or kde.

demonbane@Bigbrother:~$ apt-cache search gnome network tool
capplets - configuration applets for GNOME 2 - binaries files
gnome-nettool - Network information tool for GNOME
gnome-panel - Launcher and docking facility for GNOME 2
gnome-system-tools - Cross-platform configuration utilities for GNOME
gnome-utils - GNOME desktop utilities
gnumeric - A GNOME spreadsheet application
gupsc - GNOME client for the Network UPS Tools Package (nut)
libgnomedb-dev - frontend to the GDA architecture for GNOME --
development files
workrave - RSI prevention tool

gnome-nettool and gnome-system-tools seem to be what you're looking
for.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837