Re: Fixing boot problems with grub

On Sun, Nov 28, 2004 at 03:55:27PM -0600, Jim Hall wrote:
> I'm trying to understand Grub as well. I finally found out how to make a
> boot disk from the FAQ (see link). The Grub project calls this the
> "legacy" version (0.9x).
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-legacy-faq.en.html
>
> The relavent Q&A is:
> 4. How to create a GRUB boot floppy with the menu interface?

Thanks for this pointer.  I'll try to follow this and Greg Fokkert's
advice about grub-install within a chroot and try to educate myself
about how to fix broken grubs.  I was pretty slick at lilo.

The other thing I'm stuck at in Sarge is Exim4.  First thing I do in
Sarge is downgrade to Exim3.  I'll ask about that in another thread.

Sarge has a bit of a learning curve for upgraders.  But what in Linux
doesn't?