Re: Cron and Anacron for newbies (noffle also)

David Mandelberg wrote:

> Scotty Fitzgerald wrote:
>> 1) how do I verify that one of the jobs in /etc/cron.daily/ ran to
>> successful completion
> The output of the jobs in /etc/cron.daily/ is emailed to root, so you
> just need to set up a mta to forward it to your real address (unless you
> already have a working mta config, in which case, just check root's mail).

Well, I hope no news is good news, because I might have a problem elsways.

I have my mail forwarded to a user account, which I check with kmail.
Since I am receiving no daily reports, does this mean that none of my daily
jobs are running?

If so, I think it may be because I am not up 24/7.  Is there a way for me
to tell anacron to run all the contents of the cron.daily folder (since it
is set up for systems like mine which are not 24/7.)
---
Scotty