File Corruption on Download : HD moved to new machine

I am experiencing file corruption after downloading a
file from codeweavers.  The MD5 sum does not match
whatever browser I use to download on the machine in
question.  However, it downloads fine on other
machines and will then transfer across to the machine
in question.

I have just moved the hard drive from a different
machine to this machine without reinstalling Debian.
It boots and seems to work fine, with the above being
the only symptom of possible problems.  No changes
have been made to configuration files, as the systems
were similar (but not identical.  For example, the
motherboard chipset is different, but isn't this
auto-detected?).

I'd appreciate recommendations on troubleshooting tis
problem.  All I can think of off-hand is to go through
dmesg looking for problems?  Or should I just
reinstall?  Thanks for any help.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com