Re: Upgrading from woody to ? sid

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 09:39:25PM +0000, joebosak@uku.co.uk wrote:
> I have woody installed but I'm starting to find packages are older than
> (for example) kernel 2.6.9 seems to require.  I'm not sure what to do - do
> I upgrade to sid?

You could do that, or you could use one of the backports repositories
to get updated packages that you will need to have 2.6.x kernels to run.

module-init-tools will be one of those packages you'll need, I suspect.

You might like to start here:	http://www.backports.org/

> If I want to use unstable packages, do I just change stable to unstable in
> my sources.lsit and let apt do the rest?

Pretty much.

Be warned, it's called unstable for a reason. There are times when you
find that some things might break. It's rare, but it does happen.

Paul.

--
Paul Dwerryhouse						| PGP Key ID:
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (X) <-> Melbourne, Australia ( )	| 0x6B91B584