Re: games & wine/cedega

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 03:12:58PM -0600, downtime null wrote:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 01:04 pm, Don Hayward wrote:
>
> Is anyone here using this configuration currently? How do you like it? What
> problems have you personally experienced? One of big concerns is whether my
> games will work. All work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Specifically,
> does Transgaming's Cedega work with AMD64? A quick search on google.com and
> transgaming.org didn't turn up anything that seemed relevant.

hi,

I know nothing about games, but I'm building a computer for my
6-year-old & am trying to figure out whether I need to have a windows
partition for her to be able to run games, or if Wine would suffice.
(I know, there are some pretty decent linux-based games; but there
aren't all that many, and they tend to be pretty simple and
repetitive.  Though maybe ALL the educational games have that problem!)
Is there some reason you use Cedega rather than Wine?  Do you think
Wine would be adequate for educational games, which are mostly pretty
processor unintensive, far as I can tell (haven't done much looking
around, actually, so I can't say for sure)?  Would love to know what
y'all think!

matt

 .''`.       Matt Price
: :'  :      Debian User