Re: Debian etiquette question

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:02 -0500, Christian Convey wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm pretty new to the Debian community. What's the polite/effective way
> to figure out when a particular feature is likely to show up in the kernel?
>
> Specifically, I'd like to know if/when the installer will support the
> Reiser4 filesystem, so that I can install Debian onto a Reiser4 partition.

Welcome.  Hope you are using "Sarge" instead of Woody.

For questions like you are asking, the lkml archive is the place
to look.

Regarding Reiser4, there was a *really* *long* thread on lkml a
few months ago, and, unless something has changed since then, it
doesn't look like R4 will be in the kernel any time soon.

> --
> Christian Convey
> Computer Scientist,
> Naval Undersea Warfare Center
> Newport, RI

Looks like Navy football is kicking butt this year.  Except when
Tulane (Roll Green Wave!) stomped them. :)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

The political implications of this picture are pretty amazing.
http://www-1.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/waywewore/waywewore_28.
html