Re: nv vs. nvidia

Paul Johnson wrote:

 Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> writes:

> Hi Debian!
>
> Anybody knows what the differences are between the nv Xfree86
> driver (Sarge version) and the Nvidia closed source driver (I use
> 6111)?
>
> I have used both and see little difference, except that with the
> former I cannot get glx to work.

 That's the key difference.

For me, it's simple.
If you're not doing design work, or gaming, that require 3D, stay with the free option.
PythonCad and QCad do all I need within the 2D environment.
I'm not going to be getting anymore advanced than that, and I suspect that on the vast majority of desktops, that's all that's required.
Regards,

David.