Re: Upgrade from testing to experimental ?

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:46:23 +0200, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro)
<philippe.dhont@searo.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to have alot of 'latest' releases, now i am using the
> testing-debian.

What exactly do you _NEED_ as opposed to _WANT_ for the latest of everything?

> Can i change to experimental debian by just chaning my sources.list ?
> I tried that, changed testing with experimental but i get errors then.
> What is the right procedure ?

Warning: experimental is _NOT_ a distribution - just a breeding ground
for very experimental (duhhh :D) packages that have yet to enter sid.
Use at your own risk. You have been warned. It _CAN_ hose your system
worse than how sid can break the OS. Right-thinking people _WONT_ use
experimental.

That notice being said, add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main

It's also available to pin apt so that it won't upgrade your system to
experimental  so that you can only install packages from experimental
if you target it specifically.