kernel-patch-bootsplash for 2.6.8?

Hi all,

   following the most recent Debian weekly news, I decided to try to
setup bootsplash. I added the appropriate source[1] to my apt sources
but, it seems the kernel-patch-bootsplash package is a bit out of date
since it doesn't appear[2] to supply patches for 2.6.8 kernels.

I tried googling but found nothing applicable. Anyone know anything about
this?

TIA,

Nick.

[1] http://www.bootsplash.de/files/debian/
[2] See: /usr/src/kernel-patches/all/apply/bootsplash from
    kernel-patch-bootsplash
--
Debian 3.1
Linux twofish 2.6.8-looxt93c4 i686 GNU/Linux