[OT] [Debian-User] Best choice hardware?

Hello all,

I'm planning to buy a new box. I'm wondering what kind of hardware
I should be going in for? I'm wondering whether I should go for
AMD64 or P4 w/ HT. I've decide to go with 1 GB RAM. Also, I'm
wondering about the mainboard (motherboard). I would like to have
decent hardware support like sound and video. Oh, and I will be
using it for serious stuff like compiling, development and to
watch video ;) My primary OS is Debian. So, I would like Debian
or Debian-based distros to work well.

Thanks is advance,

Didar

--