From: Eric Dickner ejdickner@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:01:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: discuss@linmodems.org, debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: "linmodem" works but hangs up when idle

I got a BCMSM 4212 to work on Debian 2.2.20-idepci
with the driver .rpm from Dell but it seems to hang up
after a minute or so of idle time.  I used "pppconfig"
to set no hang-up at all for idle time, and it seems
to be sort of a random period, ranging from 50 seconds
to two minutes.

If it's doing something with the connection, like a
download, it works like a champ, but reading webpages
means a redial everytime I pause to take the content
in.

Anyone know what this might be caused by?