Headless Installation

Is it possible to install a Debian system headless (no keyboard or monitor
attached at any time)? A couple of possibilities come to mind.

  A 'kickstart' like install where a single CD installs a base system
  with all parameters such as partitioning, network, etc pre-defined.

  A boot image which is accessible via ssh or VNC over the network (I
  think Suse offers something like this).

I've googled for Debian specific solutions but haven't found anything. I
have done the 'kickstart' way using RedHat before.

Adi