Re: monodevelop install problem

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:03:46 +0200, Pascal Bonesh <firms@tiscali.ch> wrote:

> Hi Andrea,
>

> > > I seem unable to get libgtksourceview-cil. My sources.list looks like
> > > this:
> > >
> > > deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib
> >
> > If you are running testing or unstable you need to remove the line
> > above, security is only for stable.
> >

> > Andrea
> >

> Oops, your right, I moved my old sources.list to unstable and forgot the
> line. Thank you.
>
> Nevertheless for two months now I am trying to get monodevelop and I was
> hoping that the dependancy issue would resolve itself with time - but it
> doesn't. So I guess it's either a conflict with some packages I already
> have installed or there are indeed some packages missing to get a
> full-fledged mono installation.
>
> In which case I am very happy for suggestions from someone who has
> suceeded in installing monodevelop on sarge...

Well, i've tried to install monodevelop and apt seems to not moaning
here (but i'm running Sid =).

If you don't want to have the hassle to run unstable, you can try to
take the source from Sid and compile them for Sarge. I see monodevelop
depends on a lot of packages (need to install 17 packages for 41.2 Mb
of archives) but with the apt help should not a "big" problem...

Andrea