Re: sarge release

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 18:36, Jianbo Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know the frozen, release data of sarge? Thanks!
>
> Regards!
>
> Jianbo

Hello Jianbo,

We can only make forecasts based on the following figures:

   http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

because the final Sarge "will be ready when it will be ready", and it will be
_good_ and _stable_
That's what's really important, no?

If you cannot wait, you can already install Testing ("pre-Sarge") using
debian-installer RC1. You'll have a system that is usable and good enough if
stability is not critical for you, and you'll be able to upgrade some
packages using 'apt-get install <package>'.

  http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2004/20040807

Personaly, I installed it on a laptop a while ago for someone I know who's
very happy with it!

You can also try "unstable".

If you want Sarge for a server, then Woody is still good! or wait for the
final Sarge one more 10 weeks, or more, maybe less? (it will be ready when it
will be ready...)

Have fun!

Cheers,
Sylvain.

--
wxWidgets config: WX 2.4.2 / GTK 2 / gcc 3.3.3

La lingvo internacia: http://uea.org/index.html