Re: How to obtain older package versions?

Sylvain Vedrenne wrote:

On Saturday 18 September 2004 23:45, Andrei Badea wrote:
pour Monsieur)> Is it possible to get an older version of a package than is now in

unstable? Particularly, I need xserver-xfree86.dfsg.1-6 (the version in
sid being 1-7).

Thanks for help.

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Apparently you can find xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-6.diff.gz on the mirrors, which I suppose can be used to install version 1-6 from another version using a diff, but I don't know how to do that. Good luck Andrei.

http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xfree86/xfree86_4.3.0.dfsg.1-6.diff.gz

Hi Sylvain,

thank you for you answer. I wouldn't dare to use that diff :-) because I don't know exactly what it's doing. Besides, I'd rather the 1-6 package. It must be there somwhere, I even recall reading about some kind of archive on this list, but I just can't find that message.

Best regards,
Andrei

--
andrei.badea@movzx.net # http://movzx.net # ICQ: 52641547