Re: cannot get working OpenOffice under Sarge :-(

thx for your hint. But I am still somewhat of frustrated :-(

I purge my OO-install and then installed it again with dselect.

First start via through windowmaker-menu failed. Then I started OO from
the command line, from there it worked to get it starting -

BUT: it takes a very long time to OPEN e.g. a textdocument, especially
the first one. This can take up to 10 Minutes and then its open, I can
work with the document and save it without errors.

After the first document opened it's relatively fast to open other ones
or to open e.g. the spreadsheet or presentation-part of OO.

I looked with the TOP-command how many ram it needs and it shows that OO
is the biggest one which uses about 38% of my 128MB-Ram. Allmost all
other prozesses (except evolution which takes about 19% of the memory)
use less then 3 % of the memory.

There is still something very strange, and with this situation its not
effective at all to work with it.

Are these kind of troubles due to the fact that I am using the
TESTING-distri of Debian or are there other reasons???????

Any further hints??

PS:

I would really like to stay with SARGE & WindowMaker to work with on my
laptop ......