Re: need iptables port forwarding help!

Hi,

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:46:25 -0400, Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net> wrote:
> i've tried several times, using multiple different rules i've found from
> different sites, and i still can't get port forwarding working. does anyone
> have working rules they could send me? i'm trying to forward packets from my
> isp to port 2222 to an internal ip (i use nat) and port 22.
>
> any help is much appreciated! this has been driving me crazy. 8)

I had the same problem a while back, where I just added it to the nat
table in the prerouting table and packets would still get dropped.
Apparently it got dropped in the FORWARD chain. So I inputted an extra
rule there (as the first one) to automatically accept packets to the
right port and with the right protocol. You could try this.

greets,
Wim