Debian install program unable to mount CD-ROM

Hi,

My name is Eric Hielscher, and I am having trouble installing Debian on my brand new computer (which I really want to use).  First things first, here is a hardware list:

MSI 865PE Neo2 Motherboard
Intel P4 3.2GHz w/ HT
512MB DDR
Sony 16x DVD-ROM
LITEON CDRW
2 80GB Seagate SATA HDDs
NVidia GeForce FX 5900

Notably absent is a floppy drive. :)

First when I was trying to install Debian, it was unable to find my HDDs.  I poked around the net and found that SATA support is, well, interesting, so I set my BIOS to Legacy ATA mode.  This allowed me to have the Debian install program find my HDDs, and I was able to partition them and initialize the file systems.  Now when I try to move to the next step in the install process, Install kernel and modules, Debian is unable to mount either of my CD drives.  My BIOS was able to find them, as I booted off the CD.  I have been told to check the fstab file, but I don’t think that is available to me at this stage (I am kind of a newb).  I also tried to boot the install program with the flag ide=nodma as someone told me that might help but no luck.

Any ideas at all as to what I should try?

Thanks,

Eric