KDE-problem on Sid (was Re: HTML editor. What to use?)

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:12:28PM +0930, Stef VK5HSX wrote:
> On Monday 30 August 2004 21:01, Francisco Borges shared with us the following:
>
> quanta used here..

I can't get quanta (or k3b) running on sid.  After a lot of error
messages I have purged all the kde-related packages after this and
reinstalled k3b and quanta using apt.

Quanta complains:

Could not find mime type
application/octet-stream

No mime types installed.

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'file'.

Cannot load the toolbars from the archive.
Check that the filenames inside the archives begin as the archive name!

Any idea how to fix that?

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the
      whole world, and lose his own soul?"      Mark 8:36