Problem ejecting cdrom after dist-upgrade

Hi,

I have just done an 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. Now the 'eject' fails to
eject the cdrom and gives the error:
eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
My drive is an ide cdrw and I am using the ide-scsi module.

In my /dev directory, 'cdrom' is a symbolic link to 'cdrom0' and
'cdrom0' is a symbolic link to 'scd0'.
'eject cdrom0' and 'eject scd0' work. Also if I create a link to scd0
with any name other than cdrom, the command works. I dunno why it
fails for 'cdrom'

This used to work well before the upgrade.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran