Re: restarting network connections

On 08/09/04 18:10, Paul Maser wrote:
Besides rebooting, how do you restart the network connections
after making changes to /etc/network/interfaces?
Thanks;

Hmm... unlike the other responders, I've done this with /sbin/ifup, but I'm no expert, just a humble desktop user. Perhaps the experts can shed light on the different approaches?

man ifup
[...]

DESCRIPTION
       The  ifup  and  ifdown  commands  may be used to configure (or, respec-
       tively, deconfigure) network interfaces based on interface  definitions
       in the file /etc/network/interfaces.