Re: How popular is Debian (popularity contest)

Hello!

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 07:32:28PM +1000, CaT wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:28:44AM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> >
> > Popcon only needs atime to determine which packages have actually been
> > _used_ lately, so you can still run it.
>
> I turn off atime on my partitions to speed up reads on my crappy 4200rpm
> laptop HD.

Err, good for you. But this doesn't affect popcon that much, it can
still report which packages are actually _installed_ on the system,
even though it won't be able to tell anything about usage.
It's the installation count that matters for the composition of the
CDs, see the link in my previous mail.

Cheers,
Flo