Re: OT: Winblowz antivirus management on Linux

on Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 05:47:51PM +0700, cep welly (deb_milist@yahoo.com.sg) wrote:

Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
recommend 72 as a good default.

While many mail clients will accomodate unwrapped text:

  - Some don't.  Be considerate.

  - Many more fail to wrap and attribute quotes properly.

  - Many web-based list archives render unwrapped text as very long
    lines, e.g.:

    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg00568.html

Thank you.

I'd also recommend a couple of linefeeds between paragraphs.

> Just curious....Any available winblowz antivirus product that provide
> management system and tool under Linux ?

Free:  clamav

Several proprietary products offer Linux solutions as well, with network
scan capabilities.  RAV IIRC discontinued this after being bought by
Microsoft (gee....let's _kill_ our own product), CAV offers this
according to marketing materials).

> Suppose that there are many winblowz boxes in the network, and there's
> a Linux machine that manages all thing such as virus definition update
> ( clients update their antivirus from this machine while the machine
> keep updating antivirus database from the vendor server over the
> internet ),

You can provide for this via several means, a transparent network proxy
(most updates use http transfer) being among the simplest.

> outbreak preveting program, centralized scan ( in case any virus treat
> come up or the damage is done ), web-based management tool.  I think
> it would be great if there's any ....

You need to do your research before posting.  There are many products
providing these capabilities.

Peace.

    Ceterum censeo, Caldera delenda est.