Re: Bogus reply-to

On 2004-08-07, John Summerfield penned:
> Alvin Oga wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 7 Aug 2004, John Summerfield wrote:
>>

>>>I noticed you're setting replyto,I thought nobody@localhost a more
>>>fun address to send it to. Perhaps, though, root is even better:-)
>>>

>>root usually is /dev/null'd by some folks that wanna do that for some
>>odd reason
>>
>>use spam@ftc.gov ... or something that will get their attention about
>>spam
>>

> I think M was aiming at list members whose aim isa little sloppy.
> /dev/null is fine:  if it's delivered to their own machine perhaps
> they will wake up to what tbey're doing.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing.  It drives me bonkers when I get
personal emails that are just copies of what I've already read on the
list.  I read debian-user through gmane, too, so procmail doesn't help
(before anyone brings up that old point).

It doesn't bother me if no one gets the reply; it just bothers me when I
do =)  And anyway, Alvin, I don't have your level of faith that the
folks in question would notice a bogus/odd reply-to.

--
monique

Ask smart questions, get good answers: